The Yellow Bus


The alarm was set, the alarm rang, and the eyes were moist thinking what happened in that yellow bus a few nights before. Sara sleeping beside me read my eyes and asked me curiously, “What makes the iron man melt early in the morning”? Though initially hesitant, I took Sara back to the night which changed my world upside down.

It was 11 in the night, I had got late from office and to make matters worse my car had broken down. After waiting for half an hour in incessant rain, I eventually got a bus. As I stepped towards the bus, the lightning struck and I was awestruck as the light flashed on the bus. It appeared as if a jewel box had opened, displaying shimmering light in a form of gold. The bus was full and I hardly got a place to sit. As people started to move out, on the third seat from behind, my eyes were drawn towards someone’s black leather journal. For some strange reason it appeared as if the journal was shouting, wanting me to explore. As I brushed aside pages of journal as smooth as silk, I could not believe my eyes and was totally mystified to find something I was looking for the past 15 years in a yellow bus.  It had my mother’s pearls in the fifth page of the journal, which had disappeared two days before she died on a Sunday afternoon. The touch of which got me back to the golden years, short but engraved in my memory forever.

It turned out that it was not someone’s black leather journal; it was my own mother’s. My mother had poured her heart out in the journal. She had written her life story in the journal during the time she was going through the journey of horrendous cancer. The journal had me and had her soul mate in my dad. The words that gave my dad a new lease of life who was in coma then. As it is said “God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world”. God showered the same on us in the form of a yellow bus, my mother’s pearls and someone’s black leather journal. What happened in that yellow bus gave my dad a new life and inspired me to fulfill my lifelong dream of writing a book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Shadow"

"Aarushi Murder Case-An Eye opener"

Insomnia