Sachin-My Hero

The word Hero in the “Oxford Dictionary” means “In mythology and legend, a man, often of divine ancestry, who is endowed with great courage and strength, celebrated for his bold exploits, and favoured by the gods.” I agree with the meaning but I am sure the Oxford Team can make it more succinct by changing the meaning to “Sachin” because for me Sachin is an obvious Synonym to Hero!

I hardly remember the first instance when I saw Sachin on Television. What I remember is that when I first lifted a thing called “Bat”, I tried my best to play like sachin. I even scribbled the name of Sachin all over my Bat!!. He is the reason why I started watching Cricket. Though he has given me a lot of sleepless nights on the overseas tours, it was all worth it because watching Geniuses like Sachin bat inspires you to do it over and over again and convert it into a habit! Time has passed on but there are things which never change.

Sachin is a phenomenon to me which happens once in a life time. We all know how great a player he is though many so called “Experts” might not agree to it because they don’t agree to Newton’s Law either or I might say don’t understand it. Of the people who understand it would agree that Sachin is great not only because the way he plays but also because of the kind of person he is. The way he conducts himself is a lesson for everyone around. The way he showers his happiness and praise on a youngster doing well is something really refreshing. He redefines the words Modesty and Humbleness to me.

There are times when he has faltered but on all those occasions he has come back with a bang like a true champion. So all you critics please leave my hero alone not because he would prove you wrong again but also because he is the reason why you are getting paid!!

The sight of seeing him under his Blue Helmet on a cricket ground and hitting Glenn Mcgrath for a straight drive on a day with blue sky has to be one of the best things which can happen on a Cricket Ground. The other would be Sachin hitting Mcgrath for another four on the very next delivery. The difference here would be that Mcgrath would sputter something this time to Sachin, while Sachin would just give a stare at him and follow his normal routine. That to me is the Ultimate Sight on a Cricket ground because that defines a true Champion named “ Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar”.

Nothing is Constant in life but one thing which can never change is my respect, adulation and admiration for “Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar”. Yes He is my “ Hero” and would remain forever and ever!

Comments

Gokul said…
An apt tribute to the 'MRF-bat-wielding prodigy'......paid by an equally prodigious fan!!
Unknown said…
Absolutely!! SACHIN is the best..

great going namit..all the best!!!
hope to read more from u n often..:)

Popular posts from this blog

"The Shadow"

"Aarushi Murder Case-An Eye opener"

Insomnia